11:30 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern
Lunch and Learn
Thursday, February 29th, 11:30 AM- 1:00 PM
825 E Market St.
Did you know? Women only make up 11% of investing partners at venture capital firms. Investors tend to invest in people who look like them, and so maybe it's not surprising that only around 13% of venture capital dollars go to startups with a woman on the founding team. In contrast, women make up a higher percentage of the angel market: 38.9% in 2022, and that same year, 25.6% of women entrepreneurs who sought angel funding were able to successfully secure it. More women investing = more women-led companies getting funding!
Description: Join us for a lunch and learn workshop in collaboration with Render Capital as their team covers the ins and outs of angel investing in high-growth potential startups. What is an accredited investor? How do you become an accredited investor, and what are the risks that come along with angel investing? Do you have to choose between investing in companies that can create a return on your investment and companies whose missions you believe in? (Spoiler alert: you don't have to choose!)
Lunch and drinks will be provided for $10 at registration.
Disclaimer: The information that will be presented is not financial advice nor be taken as financial advice. You should always seek guidance from a professional, licensed, and registered financial advisor before making any investment decisions that understand your individual risk levels, financial goals, and targets.
Other interesting facts about women and investing
- In 2023, 86 women-led funds raised $3.5B up from $3B raised by women-led funds in 2022
- That $3.5B out of $107B raised by VC funds so 3% of VC funding went to women-led funds in 2023, up from 1.3% in 2022
- Women-led startups accounted for ~26% of deal volume in 2023 but only translated to 2.6% of invested dollars in VC
- Female founders in discussions face more negative questioning regardless of the investors' gender vs. male founders receive more positive questioning on outlook
- As of 2023, only ~18% of investment decision-makers are women
- Venture-backed companies led by women are more capital-efficient, achieving 35% higher ROI, and 12% higher revenue than startups run by men in 2023
825 E Market St
Louisville, KY 40202
click here for Google Maps